Adding recipient verification details to send my email
This article explains how you can add recipient verification details to send your email after or before receiving a Zivver notification that your email has not yet been sent.
In order to send your email securely, verification details (either a mobile phone number or an access code) are needed for one or more recipients. Your organization needs you to provide verification details for all recipients.
There are several options to add this information and send your email:
1. Add the recipient verification details to your draft message
If you have a Zivver account and your organization allows you to send emails from the Zivver WebApp or mobile app, you can add/change verification details within the draft Zivver message.
- Open the Zivver application in your browser or mobile app, open the draft of your email that has not yet been sent yet and click on the marked recipients.
- Now you can add the missing mobile phone number or access code.
- Once you have done that, you can send the draft message from within the Zivver application. There is no need to resend your original email.
2. Add the recipient verification details to the contact list
If you have a Zivver account but your organization does not allow you to send emails from the Zivver Web App or mobile app, you can create a new contact or update the details of an existing contact in your personal or organization’s contact list.
- Open the Zivver application in your browser or mobile app. Navigate to your personal or organization’s address book.
- Create a new contact or edit an existing contact, providing the missing/correct verification details.
- Once you have done that, you can resend your email from your regular email client. You can find more information on how to resend your email at the bottom of this page.
3. Contact your Zivver admin for support
If you don’t have a Zivver account and/or keep being asked to provide verification details for the same recipient, you will need to contact your IT helpdesk or Zivver administrator for support.
- Ask them to save the missing information to verify your recipients (mobile phone number or access code) in the organization’s address book for Zivver or the system of record from which recipient details are synchronized to Zivver.
- Once they have done that, you can resend your email from your regular email client. You can find more information on how to resend your email at the bottom of this page.
4. Add custom headers and resend your email
If you don’t have a Zivver account and are unable to get in touch with your IT helpdesk or Zivver administrator, you can still send your email by adding custom headers to the body of your email and resending it.
For every recipient with a missing or invalid phone number, add the following header to the top of the body of your email:
<!--zivver_headers zivver-access-right: EMAIL sms PHONE NUMBER zivver_headers-->
Substitute EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER for the correct values:
- EMAIL should be the email address of a single recipient. Format: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE NUMBER should be the mobile phone number of a single recipient, including the country code. Format: +31636363636 or 0031636363636
Resend your email. You can find more information on how to resend your email at the bottom of this page.
See below for an example email with the header correctly added (for multiple recipients):
How can I resend my email?
Some email clients simply support resending an email:
If your email client does not support resending an email, the best solution is to re-compose your email as a new email and add the recipients, email body (either manually or by copy-pasting) and attachments again.