Export user data via FTP
With the function Export user data it is possible to download Zivver messages via the File Transfer Protocol (FTP). When you connect to Zivver via FTP, you can download your Zivver messages unencrypted as
.eml files contain the corresponding Zivver message bodies, as well as information about the sender, recipient, read receipt and attachments of the exported Zivver messages. Attachments sent through Zivver are also attached to the exported
Activate FTP export
- Log in to the WebApp.
- Click Settings settings in the bottom left of your screen.
- Click Export my data get_app .
- Click the toggle to Enable FTP export for my account.
- Install an FTP client program (such as FileZilla).
- Open the FTP program.
- Create a new connection or session.
- Enter as hostname:
- Enter the username that Zivver provides in the WebApp, or your e-mail address.
- Enter the password that Zivver provides in the WebApp. Is there no password yet? Then click Generate password for a new password.
- Enter “21” as the port number.
- Specify the “FTP” protocol as required.
- Set the encryption to “TLS / SSL Explicit Encryption” if necessary.
- Confirm the entry and make a connection.
- If required: Click OK to mark the Zivver certificate as trusted. The way to do this differs by FTP program.
You are now connected to Zivver via FTP. Your Zivver messages can be downloaded here as unencrypted .EML files.