I have a Zivver account
User manuals and reference documentation
Zivver Office Plugin - User manual
With Zivver you can securely share privacy-sensitive information with colleagues, customers, patients, and other recipients. If you send a message securely, only you and the recipient(s) can read that message.
You can safely mail from your web browser, on a tablet or mobile phone or from Outlook. This user manual focuses on the use of the Zivver Office Plugin for Microsoft Outlook. In this user manual you will learn:
- How to log in to Outlook with Zivver
- How to safely mail from Outlook
- Which are the three safety levels
- How to revoke a message
- How to restore access to a message
This manual is intended as a reference. It is not necessary read it from start to finish to know how to email safely. Each chapter stands alone.
Speak to the service desk of your organization. They can best help you further.
Log in to Outlook
Refer to Log to Outlook with a Zivver account.
Securing an account with an additional login method
Secure your account with an additional authentication factor.
You will receive a login code by text message or in an Authenticator App. You can only set an additional login method in the Zivver Web App at this time.
Mail safely from Outlook
Secure mailing is very easy to do directly from Outlook, using the Zivver Office plug-in.
- You must be logged into Zivver via Outlook.
- In Outlook, click New Email mail_outline.
- Set up a message as usual. Add recipients. Enter a subject. Write a message.
- Click the toggle toggle_off next to the Zivver logo, to enable secure mailing.
- Click add attachments attach_file in the secure email bar to add an attachment (up to 5 TB).
- Click Send send.
A new screen opens because Zivver checks the message for privacy-sensitive data. If the message contains privacy-sensitive data, you will receive a notification to send the message via Zivver.
- If you send a Zivver message to the receiving e-mail address for the first time, you will be asked to enter the verification method. Set the two-factor authentication and send the message. Verification ensures that only the right recipients have access to your message. Learn more about the different verification levels
- Wait a moment for the message to be sent.
Zivver uses safety notifications to inform you when a certain rule is activated. The rules that are active depend on the settings of your organization. If there is sensitive information in your message or attachment (s), the secure mailing bar can automatically enter and change color.
Zivver has three different levels for safety notifications. Learn more about the different warning levels
Revoke Zivver message
Did you accidentally send a message to a wrong recipient? Did you send a wrong attachment? You can revoke the Zivver message. The message and the attachments immediately become inaccessible to all recipients.
Please read the topic on Message revocation for information on how to do this.
You can view a read receipt of every message sent. That way you know who read your message and who did not. You can find the read receipt in the form of a small envelope icon in the lower right corner of your sent Zivver message. Hold your mouse over the envelope icon to see who has read the message.
- A gray, closed envelope mail means that the message has not yet been read by the recipients.
- A gray, open envelope drafts means that the message has been read, but not yet by all recipients.
- A blue, open envelope drafts means that the message has been read by all recipients.
The number next to the envelope indicates how many recipients have read the message.
Click the envelope or hold the mouse over the envelope icon to see who has read the message and who has not.