I have a Zivver account
User manuals and reference documentation
Zivver Office Plugin - User manual
With Zivver you can securely share privacy-sensitive information with colleagues, customers, patients and other recipients. If you send a message securely, only you and the recipient(s) can read that message.
You can safely mail from your web browser, on a tablet or mobile phone or from Outlook. This user manual focuses on the use of the Zivver Office plug-in for Outlook (version 2010, 2013 or 2016). In this user manual you will learn:
- How to log in to Outlook with Zivver
- How to safely mail from Outlook
- Which are the three safety levels
- How to revoke a message
- How to restore access to a message
This manual is intended as a reference. You do not have to read it from start to finish to be able to e-mail safely. Each chapter stands alone.
Contact the service desk of your organization. They can best help you further.
Log in to Outlook
If you want to e-mail safely from Outlook, you need the Zivver Office plug-in. Install it yourself or have it installed by your IT department or system administrator.
- You have a Zivver account.
- The Zivver Office plug-in is installed on your computer.
- Outlook is open.
- Click the Zivver tab in Outlook at the top.
- Click Manage Accounts account_circle.
Enter your e-mail address.You can log in in three different ways. This depends on the organization settings.
The three ways to log in are:
- Automatically log in with your workplace data.
You will be automatically logged in after clicking your e-mail address if your organization uses automatic login with your workplace credentials.
- Log in with your workplace credentials.
Are you automatically redirected to a login page of your organization? Enter your workplace credentials on this page to log in.
- Log in with your e-mail address and Zivver password
Is your email address not ready yet? Then click the link Activate your e-mail address add_circle. Then enter your Zivver password to log in.
Don’t want to log in again and again? Put a check mark next to Remember my credentials for 30 days. You will stay logged in on this device for 30 days. Have you already set up an extra login method? Complete it on the next screen.
- Automatically log in with your workplace data.
You are now logged into Outlook with Zivver and ready to read and send secure messages. Please contact the Zivver administrator within your organization if you encounter problems with logging in.
Securing an account with an additional login method
Secure your account with an additional authentication factor.
You will receive a login code by text message or in an Authenticator App. You can only set an additional login method in the Zivver Web App at this time.
Mail safely from Outlook
Secure mailing is very easy to do directly from Outlook, using the Zivver Office plug-in.
- You must be logged into Zivver via Outlook.
- In Outlook, click New e-mail mail_outline.
- Set up a message as usual. Add recipients. Enter a subject. Write a message.
- Click the toggle toggle_off next to the Zivver logo, to enable secure mailing.
- Click add attachments attach_file in the secure email bar to add an attachment (up to 5 TB).
- Click Send send.
A new screen opens because Zivver checks the message for privacy-sensitive data. If the message contains privacy-sensitive data, you will receive a notification to send the message via Zivver.
- If you send a Zivver message to the receiving e-mail address for the first time, you will be asked to enter the verification method. Set the second factor authentication and send the message. Verification ensures that only the right recipients have access to your message. Learn more about the different verification levels
- Wait a moment for the message to be sent.
Zivver uses safety notifications to inform you when a certain rule is activated. The rules that are active depend on the settings within your organization. If there is sensitive information in your message or attachment (s), the secure mailing bar can automatically enter and change color.
Zivver has three different levels for safety notifications. Learn more about the different warning levels
Revoke Zivver message
Did you accidentally send a message to a wrong recipient? Did you send a wrong attachment? You can revoke the Zivver message. The message and the attachments immediately become inaccessible to all recipients.
Please read the topic on Message revocation for information on how to do this.
You can view a read receipt of every message sent. That way you know who read your message and who did not. You can find the read receipt in the form of a small envelope icon in the lower right corner of your sent Zivver message. Hold your mouse over the envelope icon to see who has read the message.
- A gray, closed envelope mail means that the message has not yet been read by the recipients.
- A gray, open envelope drafts means that the message has been read, but not yet by all recipients.
- A blue, open envelope drafts means that the message has been read by all recipients.
The number next to the envelope indicates how many recipients have read the message.
Click the envelope or hold the mouse over the envelope icon to see who has read the message and who has not.