Communicate securely with the Rechtspraak
Communicate securely with Zivver
After following the instructions to create your own Zivver account, you can start safely emailing the Judiciary. On this page we inform you about:
- Send messages and attachments securely
- Confirm whether messages and attachments have been received
- Check whether messages and attachments have been read
- Open received Zivver messages
- Archive messages and attachments
- Forward messages and attachments
Send messages and attachments securely
- Log in to your account in the Zivver WebApp
- Click the pencil icon to compose a new message.
- Add the recipient and subject line and write a message in the text field.
- Click on the paperclip icon to add any documents or other attachments you want to send.
- Send your message when all attachments are uploaded.
Confirm whether messages and attachments have been received
It is important to be able to establish that you have submitted file documents in time. You can easily do this by looking at the sending time of the relevant message. Because the sent message remains on the same platform, a message is received at the same time as it is sent.
Check if messages and attachments have been opened
Do you want to know if the recipient has opened your message or attachment? This can be done by means of the so-called read confirmation.
Read receipt for messages
You can see for each recipient whether they have opened a sent message. At the bottom right of your sent message you will find the read confirmation icon:
- A gray, closed envelope means that the message has not been opened by any of the recipients.
- A gray, open envelope means that some of the recipients have opened the message.
- A blue open envelope means that all recipients have opened the message. By clicking on the envelope you can see who has opened the message and who has not.
Read receipt for attachments
To confirm that attachments have been downloaded, click the i icon in the document preview. Here you can see which recipient(s) downloaded the attachment.
Open received Zivver messages
You may also receive safe messages from the Judiciary, for example with information about the date of the hearing. In this case you will receive an email notification from Zivver in your regular mailbox. You can access the message content by logging into the Zivver WebApp or following the steps below for each message received:
- Open the notification message in your normal inbox.
- Click on the blue button with the text “click for message”.
- You will be taken to the login page of the Zivver WebApp.
- Enter the email address and password of your own Zivver account.
- Click on login.
- Enter the code from the authenticator app or the SMS code (if requested).
- Click Done.
In your inbox in the Zivver WebApp you will see an overview of all your sent and received secure messages.
Archive messages and attachments
You may want to archive sent and / or received secure messages. There are several ways in which we make this possible on our platform. For example, you can send a copy to your own inbox so you can process it from there. You can also download or print messages and attachments. Read here how to do this.
Forward messages and attachments
If you have sent a message with attachments to the Judiciary or receive a secure message, you may also want to send this to other parties or colleagues.
You can then forward the message. Zivver offers you two options for this: you can forward a full conversation or a single message. Read here how to do this.