Clean up Outlook registry settings
This document explains how to clean up the registry after installation of Outlook.
Do you experience problems using the Office Plug-in in combination with Outlook? In this case, ZIVVER messages do not load on receipt or an error message appears when sending messages. Outlook may also crash or the plugin cannot be seen within Outlook after installation.
This may indicate problems with the installation of the plugin or of Outlook. If Outlook has been updated from, for example, 2007 or 2010, the registry may still contain old references. These old references can lead to problems in Outlook.
Based on the steps below, we explain how to remove these remnants and clean up the installation. It is also possible to remove and reinstall Outlook; however, the Outlook repair function does not solve this problem.
Outlook registry cleanup
To clean up the remains of old installations, we use the Windows Registry Editor. Start with step four if you do not need help opening the Windows Registry Editor.
- On your keyboard, simultaneously press the Windows logo and R keys.
A Run screen opens.
- Type regedit in the search box.
- Click OK.
Windows Registry Editor is started.
- Navigate to the following location:
Or, if you are using a 64-bit system, to:
- Search for the Version entry here (type REG_SZ).
- Check if the value matches the version of Outlook that is currently being used. Consult the table above.
- Navigate to the following location in the register:
- Delete in this location the paths to versions of Outlook that are not installed. Refer to the table above.
The remains of the old installation of Outlook have been successfully removed.