I am a Zivver admin
Configure and manage Zivver
05. Synctool Profiles
At the tab Profile you can view and open the profile location, and change certain properties for the Synctool profile:
- Profile details
- Profile description
- Network proxy settings (optional)
- Domain filters
Give the profile a descriptive name.
For example: “your_organization_name Synctool profile”
At the profile description you can mention who is author of the profile and who manages it.
You can view and open the profile location.
If you want to change the location, then follow these steps:
- Save the profile in the Synctool by clicking SAVE in the top left corner.
- Open the file location by clicking OPEN PROFILE LOCATION.
- Move the profile - an
.xmlfile with the name of the profile - to your desired location.
- Go back to the Synctool landing page by clicking keyboard_backspace “profile_name” in the top left corner of the Synctool.
- Click Load settings profile and open the profile from the location you have moved it to.
You have now moved your Synctool profile.
Network proxy settings (optional)
Even if you have a network proxy, try to first connect the Synctool with Target (Zivver) without network proxy settings enabled in the Synctool. If that fails, then configure network proxy settings in the Synctool.
- Check Enable Proxy.
- Enter the IP address of your proxy in the Address field.
- At Port fill in the port number.
For example: 8080.
- If you do not need to authenticate to the proxy, check Use Anonymous Proxy.
Else, fill in the Username and Password used to authenticate to the proxy.
With the domain filters you can configure the Synctool to ignore accounts with specific domains, so that only the desired SMTP-addresses are synchronized to Zivver.
Some domains used by your organization may not send or receive email, either because they are legacy domains but still reside in your Exchange SMTP domains list, or because the domains are not used for email.
These domains should be excluded from the Synctool synchronization, to prevent synchronization errors.
- Select Enable Email/Domain Filtering.
- Enter one or more domain names separated by a semicolon
example.com; exampledomain.org; example.onmicrosoft.com
The entered domains will be excluded from synchronization to Zivver.