Solve connection issues
- What is necessary to connect the plug-in to Zivver?
- How to make sure if the plug-in connection is correct?
The Zivver Office plug-in needs a connection to the Zivver backend to send and receive Zivver messages.
Plugin connection to Zivver
These parameters affect the connection.
- The plug-in makes an HTTPS connection (TLS) through port 443. No other ports are used.
- The plug-in makes a connection to Zivver through the DNS domain
https://*.zivver.com. The wildcard
*means that multiple subdomains exist under the domain and can be used. Zivver does not make use of fixed IP addresses.
- A firewall does not stop The Zivver connection.
- A proxy does not block Zivver.
How to check the connection between the office plugin and Zivver
If the plugin is connected with Zivver, the user can log in with the Zivver account credentials. In addition, the Zivver toolbar does not display notifications about the connection status. That means that the toolbar is greyed out or blue.
Do a connection check in the About Zivver screen:
- Click the Zivver tab.
- Click About Zivver.
If you see a version number adjacent to Backend version and Backend API version, the connection with Zivver is available. The version number for Plug-in API version is always filled in, even when no connection is available.
If the plug-in cannot connect, the Zivver toolbar shows a message. Then, the toolbar is red. It shows this message.
Cannot connect to the Zivver service. Are you connected to the internet?
If the network status is still unknown, the plugin shows this message:
If the connection is not up, you see a message that says that the username or password is incorrect. To continue, do an investigation of your connection to Zivver. Refer to the next section.
Do these checks if you see these issues. * The Office plug-in cannot connect to the backend. * In About Zivver no version numbers show after Backend version and Backend API version
- The Zivver Office Plugin must be able to use the standard HTTPS port (443). If necessary, add this permission to your proxy server settings.
- A firewall does not block the Zivver backend.
https://*.zivver.comto the trusted domains list, if necessary.
- A digital certificate must be signed from the Office plugin to secure the connection to Zivver.
Change this linie when a connection to Zivver is blocked:
Add the following line: