Clean up registry Office Plugin installation
This document explains how to clean up the Office Plugin installation in the registry. This can be necessary if earlier installations were unsuccessful. Previous installations can leave registry values that hinder a new installation.
The work station has to be cleaned only once. Updates to the Plugin can be installed in the future, without you having to clean again.
Delete current Plugin version
Delete the Plugin for all users on this work station. The Plugin may be installed with administrator rights. It’s best to uninstall the Plugin with administrator rights.
- Open the Control panel
- Go to Programs.
- Select Programs and features.
- In the list of programs, select the Zivver Office Plugin.
- Select the Uninstall option. The Plugin is now uninstalled.
Clean up registry values
Previous installations can leave registry values that hinder a new installation. The registry values are not always deleted when you uninstall the Plugin. If this does not happen, it is necessary to manually delete all references to the Plugin.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to find the download link for RegScanner.
- Open RegScanner.
- Search the registry for the term ‘Officeplugin’.
- All results that have Zivver and Officeplugin in their name, can now be safely deleted. All remaining values of the Plugin have been removed from the registry.
- Install the Plugin again. Make sure to use the latest version of the Online installer or the Office installer.