I am a Zivver admin
Configure and manage Zivver
Send large attachments or not
When you create a Zivver message in Microsoft Outlook, you can add an attachment as follows.
- With the Outlook attachment button. Your mail server or secure email gateway (SEG) sets the maximum attachment size with the message size limit. Outlook adds the attachment to the message. As a consequence, when you send the message, your mail server or SEG processes the attachment.
- For Microsoft Exchange Online, the default maximum message size is 25 MB. You can increase this limit up to 150 MB. This means that the message and any additional attachments together cannot be bigger than 150 MB.
- For Microsoft Exchange On-premise, the default maximum message is 10 MB. You can increase this limit, but a receiving mail server might not be able to handle a large message size. So most organizations set the limit to 25 MB. This means that the message and the attachments together cannot be bigger than 25 MB.
With the Zivver attachment button. The maximum attachment size is 5 TB.
The attachment is not added to the message in Outlook, but the Zivver Office Plugin uploads it directly from Outlook to the Zivver Server.
Now you can bypass the maximum message size of Microsoft Exchange (Online or On-premise).
These are the consequences:
- Your mail server or SEG does not process the attachment.
- The attachment is part of the Zivver conversation.
- The recipient can download the attachment regardless of its size.
You can disable this button if it is required that all your mail server or SEG processes the attachments(SEG)). But then, you cannot send large attachments from Outlook.