I am a Zivver admin
Configure and manage Zivver
Introduction Plugin Assisted Mail Submission
When to use the Zivver Plugin Assisted Mail Submission (PAMS) and how to configure it?
PAMS is an additional feature in the Zivver Office Plugin for Microsoft Outlook (for Windows). Do not use this information for different Zivver clients.
Implement PAMS in your organization to:
- Make the Zivver Office Plugin compatible with other third-party plug-ins for Microsoft Outlook (for Windows).
- For example a plugin that files sent messages in a Document Management System (DMS), such as the iManage Work plugin.
- Enable the mail server of the organization to process outbound emails.
- For example when the mail server adds a signature or a disclaimer to sent messages.
- Enable a Secure Email Gateway (SEG) to process outbound emails.
- For example Mimecast’s Secure Email Gateway.
Make the Zivver Office Plugin compatible with other third-party plugins for Outlook
After you send a Zivver message in Outlook, you might notice that a third-party plug-in does not function at this time. This malfunction can have a relation with the OnSend event of Outlook. Plug-ins use that event to do an action on the sent message. The Zivver Office Plugin for Microsoft Outlook cancels that OnSend event. PAMS can make plug-ins compatible with each other.
If the Zivver Office Plugin would not cancel the OnSend event, Outlook would forward the sent message to your mail server. As a result, the message is delivered to the recipient as a normal, unsecured message. This is not what you want when you send a secure Zivver message. Because of that, the Zivver Office Plugin cancels the OnSend event in Outlook.
However, other third-party plug-ins might rely on the OnSend event to do an action on the sent message. This is where Zivver PAMS can play a role.
PAMS makes sure that the OnSend event in Outlook is still triggered when you send a secure Zivver message. If you implement PAMS on your mail server (or Secure Email Gateway (SEG)), your message is always delivered as a secure message. Because the OnSend event is still in place after you clicked the Send button, every other third-party plugin can do an action on the sent Zivver message.